The KIU 18th Graduation Ceremony – 2600 to Graduate

By Kaweesa David

C:\Users\Doc Alex\Desktop\image-2769afe4655a4d8e83d6b8ba4b5f9d1753be718fd666e4af3d5a2762ab888832-V.jpg

As KIU graduands celebrate the best moment of their lives, the Deputy Vice Chancellor Academic Affairs (DVC AA), Dr. Annette Kezaabu Kasimbazi can’t say enough how excited she is for them. 

“It always feels like the first time. Even if it happens twice every year,” the DVC shared. “It has been a long journey with the students since they started out and I’m honored to say that I’m confident that they are ready for the world now.” 

Dr. Kasimbazi explained that the University takes great pride in guiding, mentoring and guaranteeing that its graduands are well established in character and learning. She offered that the University goes to great length in ensuring that the graduates are some of the best in the world. She references remarkable achievements such as the fact that the University is the only one in the region with its own Teaching Hospital located at the Western Campus.

In regards to a message to the graduates, Dr. Annete offered:

“On a sad note, the hour of our separation has arrived and I won’t be able to see you and greet you every day on Campus. Although it’s hard to accept, my only consolation is that you’re going into the world and you’re going to achieve great things like those that have gone before you. You will carry with you the values you learned here at KIU. You will see the world from multiple perspectives, honor human dignity, say no to corruption and uphold the rule of law. I believe that your actions will create a prosperous and caring community.  As alumni, we urge you not to forget your Alma Mater. In the near future, we will call upon you again to join us in our various activities.”

“Congratulations to you and your families upon this great achievement.”

Lastly, she encouraged the fresh graduates to consider coming back for further studies at this great University because “we believes in life long learning.”  

You might also like More from author

Comments are closed.